Check out my ETSY shop!!!!

Check out my ETSY shop!!!!
Click on the photo to see my latest creations at Etsy!!!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ricky

Today is World Down Syndrome Day.  I wanted to post a picture of our special little man with the designer "genes"...Ricky!  He continues to amaze us daily with his humor, intelligence and love of life!  Ricky is doing so well in school, has amazing friends who look out for him("my boys" as he refers to them), and is reading so well!  I especially love when he reads books to his little brother now and even tries to teach Peter how to read...it's funny to watch that!  Ricky's smile lights up the room where ever he goes...don't you agree??!!

We have a future pilot in our family...maybe.  Hannah got to take her first flight with the Civil Air Patrol unit that she is a member of and actually took the controls and flew the plane for a while.  She thought it was pretty exciting...we are very proud of her!

3 comments:

Gardenia said...

stopping by to celebrate Down Syndrome Day with you. your Ricky is growing and a huge blessing, I am sure! Go Hannah!

Gardenia said...

Lynda, thank you for your prayers for Jack, and your comment. I did not know !! So good to hear that you beat it and are a survivor. We are praying Jack will do the same. God bless you. I'll keep you posted. He starts treatment right away.

Smilen Champ said...

Hi Ricky

My name is Jenna. You are a brave courageous fighter. you are a special miracle from god, a gift from above, earthly angel,and you are a smilen hero. You are full of happiness, life, smiles, joy, fun,love, and spunk.

I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.

I wrote this poem

Each of us are Special

Each of us different,

No one is the same

Each of are us are unique in our own way,

Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

Those who of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

It doesn't matter what others say

we are special anyway.

What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com