Check out my ETSY shop!!!!

Check out my ETSY shop!!!!
Click on the photo to see my latest creations at Etsy!!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WordFUL Wednesday

I call this picture “Goalie Greta!”  All the kids on her hockey team have to take turns trying the goalie position.  Greta was just dreading it but it actually turned out to be fun for her!  Isn’t she a sweet goalie!  It’s seems funny to see my Girlie girl all decked out in hockey gear but she’s a versatile one…she can be girlie and sporty, I guess!

winter 09-10 106

With her Coach/Daddy!

winter 09-10 107

In my last post I thanked those of you who left comments for my giveaway and promised to donate a dollar to a Guatemalan charity for each comment that was left.  We choose to give money to Vanessa of Journey of the Heart, a fellow adoptive mom who is trying to make a difference in the lives of children in Guatemala. You can check out the exciting work she is trying to do by clicking on her name above!

To play along with Wordful Wednesday, hop on over to Angie’s blog!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would dread being a goalie too! Tough girl you got there and a gorgeous one too!

Gardenia said...

hockey's a pretty big deal where you are, so it makes sense Greta would be playing that sport. so cool that her dad coaches. I'm going to check out Vanessa's site.

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I don't know if I would like to be goalie either, but maybe it would be fun. Congrats to Melinda! Awesome pick of Vanessa she is really working hard for the people of Guatemala. I just got your order, I didn't know you had decided to order any. I stopped by the factory yesterday but they hadn't started making another batch of dark chocolate Hopefully I will get it mailed off on Friday so that you will have it next week early rather then later. Thanks so much Lynda, you know every little bit helps!!!!

Spudsnsalsa said...

Yep, not hockey mind you but both of my girls dread the day they have to be goalie in soccer too! Saw quite a few excellent female hockey players at my nephew's tournament! The girls rock! But don't you sit with your heart in your mouth as they play?? Not sure I could handle hockey.

Way awesome that you donated to Vanessa's project!!! I just got a contact at Sanford Products(the Sharpie people) to donate a bunch of school supplies and am trying to get my local Starbucks to let me solicit there some weekend towards the school library construction.
Suz

Anonymous said...

GOOO GRETA GO!!!

One Busy Momma said...

So awesome!!!!!!!
I was a soccer goalie for 14 years!!!!
and a catcher in baseball/softball for 12 years.....

Love to see girls in sports!

Mama Bear said...

Ahhhhh, Vanessa loves those children with everything she is. How awesome. I so love Greta's determination. What an awesome Hugs, Rhonda

Leah Spring said...

I bet she's making a fantastic Goalie! And, she looks great all suited up. Hey, we need to get together for coffee soon! We haven't since the week before Thanksgiving. That was too long ago.