Check out my ETSY shop!!!!

Check out my ETSY shop!!!!
Click on the photo to see my latest creations at Etsy!!!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Catching Up...

Four years ago we brought home our beautiful baby boy!  Peter is growing into such a wonderful little man...so smart and funny and kind!

Yesterday, we celebrated his 4th "Gotcha' Day" with an ice cream cake that he picked out and by watching movies from our visits to Guatemala while we waited to take him home and then our final(5th) trip there to bring our son home!  He never tires of watching movies of his life and hearing me tell him the stories of how we prayed for him and how God answered our prayers and brought us together!

We just returned from a wonderful relaxing warm week in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  Unfortunately, I failed to get a passport for Peter in time so he got to spend the week "vacationing" at Grandma and Grandpa's house!  We missed him so much but were able to Skype him every day!

Here's the resort we stayed at...





The girls loved riding the waves...I found the water a bit too chilly for me however!

We started each day with a brisk walk on the beach.  Greta and I had fun finding sea shells...Ricky loved chasing birds and letting the waves wash up on his feet!



We spent one day at a nearby waterpark and the girls and Rich got to swim with dolphins.  Since Ricky wanted no part of that, I stayed with him while we watched the others kiss, shake "hands" with and swim with the dolphins. They have always wanted to do that so now will cross that item off their bucket lists!!



We enjoyed the meals and the entertainment at this resort.  Since it was an All-inclusive, we ate and drank freely and OFTEN!  Ricky's favorite drink which he is still craving since we got home is Pina Coladas(virgin!)...

Greta's outfits in these next pictures were made by a fellow etsy shop owner.  Check out Dayspring Dresses if you ever want affordable, gorgeous clothing!



Since this was an all-inclusive, we ATE and DRANK way too much!  Now that we are home again, I am needing to use my new Christmas gift that Rich bought me more than ever to take off all those extra pounds I gained on this trip!!  This Octane Q47 is amazing and actually makes exercising fun!
My kids are looking forward to our annual Super Bowl party...more for the yummy food and snacks than the game!  What are you doing this weekend??

3 comments:

Gardenia said...

Hi Lynda, we've missed you. I don't blame Ricky -- I'd want no part of that dolphin-kissing either! what a lovely vaca you all had. I've been to Puerto vallarta once and truly loved it. so peaceful! Happy Family Day to Peter.

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

wow looks like an amazing trip! I did the dolphin kissing long long ago. We are right behind you on our family day!!!!

Kristin said...

Looks like a great time. Hope Peter was just as spoiled at Grandma & Grandpa's!