Check out my ETSY shop!!!!

Check out my ETSY shop!!!!
Click on the photo to see my latest creations at Etsy!!!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Garage Sales

Call them what you want…garage sales, tag sales, rummage sales, yard sales…I LOVE them!  I admit, I am addicted to shopping of any kind but garage sales are my passion throughout the warm summer months!  I think it’s the thrill of the hunt that keeps me coming back for more.  Through the years I have found so many treasures, although I have to go to tons of sales to find just that right item.  Friends and family give me lists of items they want and I can usually find them at garage sales.  There is an art to shopping and negotiating on prices.  It never hurts to ask if someone will come down on their prices!  Here are some recent “treasures” I’ve found on my hunts!

Fisher Price Backyard Tree house-I have never seen one of these before…my boys love it!  Paid $25

g sale finds 001

There’s even a little safe under the tree house in the crawl space!

g sale finds 003

Brand new Coach billfold-paid 50 cents!

g sale finds 007 

 

American Girl-Brand Bitty Baby-Paid $1.00

g sale finds 008

Beautiful 24” x 28” picture frame-Paid 25 cents!

g sale finds 009

Can you see what keeps me coming back for more!  And not only do I love shopping at them, but I love having sales and getting rid of my old, un-needed stuff.  At a recent sale I had, I made over $700 and my kids also sold some of their toys, etc. and made plenty of extra money.

So, next time you past a sign for a yard sale, are you going to stop??!!

8 comments:

Gardenia said...

you got some excellent deals. I used to love going to garage sales. i went with my mom when I was younger. when I drive by them now, I am reminded of those days when mom and I would go.

Unknown said...

Wow! Those are some fantastic finds. I'm never able to find that nice of stuff around my parts.

Emily said...

Dang girl... you're good at this! I never have such luck!

Steph said...

I LOVE GARAGE SALES!!! One of my best finds this summer was a complete shake-n-go track with about 10 cars (perfect condition), most of which were character cars from the movie "Cars." The cars alone sell for about $15-18 EACH in the store and I bought the whole set for $7. My son loves it!

You found some great treasures! That picture frame is just perfect.

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

I too love garage sales! One of my blog posts featured the playhouse we bought for Tabitha. I have found so many good things at garage sales. Tabitha's closet is so full of clothes from my "finds" it's hard to believe....funny thing, I turn around and consign them and get back what I paid plus more!
We're blessed to live in a warm parm of the country so there's almost always a sale every weekend to go to.

Anonymous said...

What great finds! I use to love going to estate sales! I haven't been in awhile and now I have an itching to go!

Anonymous said...

OHHHH great deals...i love me a yard sale or whatever you want to call them....My hubby and i go to Auctions too they rock!

that tree house is amazing and the wallet too!

Mama Bear said...

OH MY GOSH, what great deals you got girl. Dang. I can't say that I've seen much of anything here in VA but did love going to them while in MN. Here they start at 7:00 and over by 11:00 am LOL I can't even believe the bitty baby buy. I have been looking for those for the girls for Xmas and gosh they are soooo expensive......