Check out my ETSY shop!!!!

Check out my ETSY shop!!!!
Click on the photo to see my latest creations at Etsy!!!

Friday, January 30, 2009

FFF








The pictures are of our first trip to Guatemala and the very first time I held my baby boy in my arms! He was 2 1/2 months old. This week we celebrated Peter's Gotcha Day but unfortunately, he wasn't feeling very well. Our poor little guy had a terrible cold, fever and diarrhea! You can see from the pictures that he doesn't look very well. We needed to revise our celebration plans as he was in no mood to go out to dinner! Instead we ordered pizza, watched the DVD of his Gotcha Day one year ago, and had ice cream sundaes. Grandma and Grandpa were here to celebrate with us. Grandma just had cataract surgery at Mayo Clinic yesterday so she wasn't really up for going out to eat either with a big eye patch on!!
Thanks to all who left suggestions on how they celebrate their child's adoption anniversary. You gave us some great ideas for future celebrations as Peter gets older and can be more involved in how he wants to commemorate his special day! The winner of the Starbucks Giftcard is Mary Ann...congratulations! Email me and let me know where I can mail the card to.

5 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

What precious pics! We just celebrated our second "Gotcha Day" with our 2 year old, & next month, it will be our first "Gotcha Day" with our one year old!

Such fun times!

Mama Bear said...

Those are great pictures. Happy Gotcha day!!

Robyn said...

What adorable pics!! Happy Gotcha Day!!

merkley4 said...

Wow!!!! A full year already!!! Happy Forever Family Day!!! What a great feeling for your family. I hope that Peter is feeling better soon. I'll bet that you all are as anxious as we are here in NY for spring and summer to come!!!

Sarah J. said...

What an amazing blessing for you! I have had many friends who have been touched by adoption, both on the giving and on the receiving end. It really is a miracle! All your kids are so adorable.