Check out my ETSY shop!!!!

Check out my ETSY shop!!!!
Click on the photo to see my latest creations at Etsy!!!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What's Really Important?

As I sit down with about 500 photos that I have taken of my children this past year, I am really stressed out. What do I do with all of these? Although I do scrapbook, I am so behind. With 5 kids to try to keep scrapbooks up-to-date, it seems an overwhelming, never-ending project. I consider myself a fairly organized (okay, a super organized) person so that is why it's especially frustrating that I can't keep up with all the photos we have accumulating. It was easy with one and then even a second child but now poor Peter will be lucky if I get started on his scrapbook and photo albums by the time he graduates from highschool! Does anyone have any good ideas on how to keep the photos organized? Peter just went down for his nap and I have a few hours before the girls get home from school. I decided to take a break from sorting pictures and read some blogs. Then it hits me as I read the Riggs family blog. This stuff doesn't really matter. Why am I getting all stressed out over photographs. At least I am fortunate to have five healthy beautiful children. I realize that when I go to heaven some day, God won't care about my organized ways, clean house, cute scrapbooks...those things are so trivial in the overall scope of life. Please go to the sidebar on my blog page and read Abby's blog. She is fighting for her life, this precious little girl who was adopted from Guatemala at age 6 months. She is now battling an aggresive cancer that she may not survive. Would you please lift her and her entire family up in prayer. My heart is breaking for them and what they must be going through. But as I read their post, they asked their blog readers what it was that they could pray for them...how truly loving and unselfish of the Riggs!!! This family cherishes the prayers of all of us and have placed their troubles in God's hands. Please continue to remember them in prayer. Believers praying for other believers...now that's something important!!! Photos are going to have to wait for another day.....

No comments: